Golf is a famous sport that is played all around the globe. One of the many reasons behind the success of many golf superstars is that they have picked gloves, which perfectly fitted them. So, the main question is how should a golf glove fit?
Many famous companies that manufacture golf accessories stated that most people, who buy golf gloves, are not of the proper size that is required for an individual.
Due to not properly fitted, the person does not have control over the grip of their hands, which results in badly affecting the swing of the golf club.
A golf glove should fit your hand like a second skin and should be tightly fitted or else all your shot power will go to waste. A pair of golf gloves that perfectly fits, would provide you with the best grip, due to which you could have a good swing with your golf club.
Why do we wear Golf Gloves? Let’s Explore
How to Choose Golf Gloves – Useful Tips
For a golf player, it is essential that he chooses the perfect pair of golf gloves for themselves so that they can immensely enjoy their game of golf. A few tips will be mentioned below by which can help you to pick the pair of golf gloves, which fulfill all of your needs.
- Choose your preferred fabric. Golf gloves come in real and synthetic leather. The real leather ones provide you with the best comfort but are less durable than synthetic. So choose the one, which completes your requirements.
- Try as many sizes as you can, so that you can find the perfect fit for yourself. Men are also recommended to try women’s golf gloves as sometimes they can perfectly fit them.
- When trying on a golf glove, make sure you wear it the right way. The proper way is that you need to put in all your fingers first, except the thumb. After all, fingers have been placed inside the glove, then put the thumb and smooth the glove by tagging at the top of it. Close the glove with a snap or a strip of Velcro, whatever is provided to you.
- You should put various types of golf gloves, including rain and cold weather golf gloves, in your kit bag, so that you can enjoy your game, even if the weather conditions start to change.
Types of golf gloves
Golf gloves are typically manufactured from 3 types of leathers, which are Cabretta leather, synthetic leather, and a hybrid of the two.
- Cabretta leather: This is the most common material that is used for manufacturing golf gloves. The reason being is that they are the most comfortable ones out of all the 3 types and also provide maximum grip to its user. Also, Cabretta leather golf gloves help in circulating air in the inside part of the glove, which prevents the hand from getting sweaty. The only drawback of these types of gloves is that they tend to deteriorate the fastest among the 3 types, due to which you will need to carry 2 to 3 pairs of them in the kit bag.
- Synthetic glove: These types of gloves are much more flexible than the leather ones and also are able to last much longer, as they are created from synthetic materials. Also, these are quite inexpensive due to the usage of materials within them. Their only disadvantage is that they are not that much breathable and its user hand would get sweaty while wearing them.
- Hybrid gloves: These are made by combining both Cabretta and synthetic leather. Due to the Cabretta leather, these are able to provide its user with the best comfort and also great grip, thus you could have full control over your strokes. Due to the synthetic leather, they are extremely durable and can last a long time. Out of all the 3 types, this is the most complete one.
How to Measure a Hand for Golf Gloves
Most golf players usually wear a glove only in one hand. A golf glove should be properly fitted to your hand so that you can have maximum grip and can make your stokes with great easy.
You could determine your size by the inches method or could the do the hand placement method.
- Mark the point on the ruler, where your wrist meets your hand.
- Hold the ruler firmly so that its other end is aligned with the top of your middle finger
- Now note down the distance(in inches) between your wrist and the top of your middle finger
- Compare this measurement with the brand of the golf gloves from which you are purchasing from.
Hand placement method
- Straighten up your fingers and place the palm of your preferred glove hand onto the sizing chart of the brand from which you are buying from.
Golf Gloves Manufacturers Size Charts
We have enlisted some well-known golf gloves maker’s sizing.
Bionic golf gloves Size Chart
Bionic is a well-known company that manufactures sporting goods for various types of sports. They are famously known as the manufacturing of high-quality golf gloves.
The gloves that they produce are one of the comfortable ones available in the market. Their gloves provide great grip and also are twice as durable as a regular leather golf glove.
The patented padded system in bionics’ golf glove, provides good stability and prevents the golf club from twisting in the hand. Terrycloth micro-pads in the gloves provide great moisture control.
These gloves come in all sorts of shapes and sizes for both men and women. The bionic golf gloves size chart will be attached here:
|Available sizes||Palm to fingers (inches)|
|Small||7 3/4″ – 8|
|Medium||8″ – 8 1/4″|
|Large||8 3/8″ – 8 3/4″|
|XL||8 3/4″ – 9 1/4″|
|XXL||9 1/4″ – 9 1/2″|
|XXL||9 1/2″ – 9 7/8″|
|Available sizes||Palm to fingers (inches)|
|Small||6 1/4″ – 7″|
|Medium||7 1/4″ – 7 3/4″|
|Large||7 3/4″ – 8″|
|XL||8″ – 8 1/4″|
Titleist golf gloves Size Chart
Titleist is a renowned company that manufactures all sorts of high-quality golf accessories. Many experts of goal recommend people to buy their golf accessories from Titleist, due to the premium materials they use in creating golf accessories. Titleist golf gloves are made from super thin Ethiopian Cabretta leather.
The use of such premium leather makes sure that the golf gloves can remain in use for a long time and provide more comfort to the player using them as they provide the same smooth and softness as of Indian silk.
Titleist’s golf gloves include two elastics connected across the back of the hand, which helps in getting a much better fit. Unfortunately, all of their golf gloves come in only one color, which is pearl.
As the Titleist’s golf gloves are super thin, they are able to provide the golf players with an extremely good hand to golf sensitivity, which in return helps in swinging the golf club much more easily.
The most important thing in a golf glove is that it should perfectly fit the hands of the player, so a Titleist golf glove size chart, for both men and women, is available below to view:
Middle Finger to Palm (inches)
If you want any type of premium quality golf accessories at an affordable price, check out Titleist’s products on their website: https://www.titleist.com/
Under armour golf gloves Size Chart
Under Armour is a famous company, which manufactures accessories for all kinds of sports for both men and women and has many outlets in different countries.
One of their many famous products is the golf gloves that they create. These gloves are made from high-quality Cabretta leather along with some other fibers as well.
The premium quality leather helps give amazing comfort to its user and also makes the pair of golf gloves last a long time. A unique coating, UA Cool Switch technology, is added on the inside part of the glove, which helps to reduce sweat in the hands of the golf player, who is wearing them.
A great grip is provided to the user, due to which they can have maximum control over the strokes that they make with their golf club. Micro-perf ventilation is also added to this high-quality golf glove.
This helps in the circulation of air in the gloves and also reduces sweating in the hands of the player, who is wearing them.
A golf glove is only useful if it is perfectly attached to the hand of a golf player, so an under armour glove golf size chart will be available below, by which you can find your perfect match.
MEN AND WOMEN
|Available Sizes||Palm to Finger(INCHES)|
|Small||7 – 7 1/4″|
|Medium||7 1/4 – 7 1/2″|
|Large||7 1/2 – 7 3/4″|
|X-Large||7 3/4 – 8″|
|XX-Large||8 – 8 1/4″|
If you want to check out under armour’s golf gloves or other products of theirs, visit their website: https://www.underarmour.com/en-us/
Bridgestone golf gloves Size Chart
Bridgestone is one of the best manufactures when it comes to creating golf accessories. Bridgestone golf gloves are made from high-quality Cabretta leather, due to which extremely level comfort is provided to the user and the gloves can last longer as well.
These gloves can provide its user with great grip, due to which the player has total control over their golf club and are confident about every stroke that they make.
Nylon is 2 way knitted in this premium quality glove, due to which air circulation is done within the glove and prevents the player’s hand from getting sweaty. These gloves come in 5 different colors: Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, and Black.
A Bridgestone golf glove size chart is available so that you can choose the one that perfectly fits your hands.
If you want premium quality golf accessories at an affordable price, do check Bridgestone’s products at their website: https://www.bridgestonegolf.com/en-us/index
A perfect fit for golf gloves is a must for every golf player and these 4 major companies, along with many others as well, provide you with golf glove size guide with charts, so that you can find your perfect match and enjoy the game of golf.
How can you find a pair of golf gloves that perfectly fit you?
There are many companies, which offer you a golf glove size guide with charts. Due to this, a golf player can find a perfect fit for themselves and can have full control over their golf club and grow their confidence with every stroke they make.
which are the best companies that provide golf gloves and other golf accessories?
Many companies provide users with high-quality golf accessories. The most famous companies, which sell golf accessories are, Bridgestone, under armour, Bionics, and Titleist.
What is the best material that can be used to manufacture Golf gloves?
The best material used in the creation of a golf glove is the carbetta leather. This provides extreme comfort to the golf player and also makes a pair of golf glove last much longer as compared to a golf glove made from regular leather. Many golf gloves manufacture offers this premium material and also have a golf glove size guide with charts, which helps the user in finding the perfect pair of themselves.